Lembas bread recipe is highly sought after. This bread is definitely familiar among Lord of the Rings’ fans. In the book series, it originated in Elven culture. It is said to be highly nutritious and will remain fresh in a long period.
- 1 banana, overly ripe one will give the best taste
- 2 cups gluten-free flour, you can use plain all-purpose flour if you do not want to make a gluten free Lembas bread recipe
- 6 tablespoons water
- ½ cup maple syrup, use authentic one
- ¼ cup coconut oil, organic is preferable
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- Sea salt, one pinch is enough
- Non-poisonous leaves to wrap the bread in
- Twine of hemp
- Combine chia seeds and water then let it seed until becoming gelatinous for around five minutes.
- Mash banana inside a large bowl. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, chia seeds and water mixture, and salt then combine thoroughly.
- Add in flour into the wet ingredients then mix gently. Be careful not to over mix flour because the bread will toughen up.
- Chill dough for one hour before rolling it on a flat surface about ¼-inch thick.
- Divide dough into square shapes using cookie cutter or floured knife.
- Using blunt kitchen equipment, create an “X” mark on top of each cut. Be careful not to break the dough.
- Bake bread inside preheated oven at 350ºF for around twenty five minutes.
- To complete this Lembas bread recipe, wrap each piece inside a leaf then tie it with twine.
Well, this Lembas bread recipe vegan snack is perfect to be served alongside warm tea or coffee in the afternoon, according to Tournecooking. To enhance its flavor, you can add dried fruits like raisins or dried strawberry. Try this Lembas bread recipe at home!